Monday, October 26, 2009

Microsoft Security Essentials and SourceGear Vault

Lately I've been having problems using Source Gear Vault version 4.1.4
I've never had any problem like this with Vault so i started thinking what did I install on the last days. The answer was Microsoft Security Essentials.

I was getting this ugly error message:
Getting latest version of files
Local file update for $/MyFile.cs failed: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\genwise\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpC692.tmp' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)
at VCDiff.VCDiff.Apply()
at VaultClientOperationsLib.WorkingFolder.UpdateHiddenFileContentsFromDelta(VaultClientFile file, String deltaFile, Int64 baseVersion, Int64 targetVersion, UInt32 targetCRC, Int64 targetSize)
at VaultClientOperationsLib.UpdateThread.ProcessCommand(UpdateThreadCommand command, UpdateThreadCommandResult& outputResult)

Luckily they guys at Microsoft included a nice option to exclude certain files and folders. Thanks to this I was able to get rid of this problem ( I am not a security export so i hope I didn't open a Pandora Box with this change..)

Sunday, October 11, 2009

IIS 64bits and Oracle 32bits

At the office we have new i7 machines with 64bit OS.
I've spent 2hs to find a solution to this problem so it's worth blogging about it.

I had a DNN site using my own BOLayer which in turn used Oracle (10.2)

I was getting this error on IIS : "the provider is not compatible with the version of Oracle client"

Tried almost everything until I've noticed a nice option in the IIS Application pool advance settings:
"Enable 32-Bit Applications" which weirdly enough was configured as false (default value).

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Google Translate API for .NET 0.3

We use localization in some of our WPF projects and I was wondering how easy would be to integrate the Google Translate API. I must say it has been unbelievable easy to use it! Check the code below:

using Google.API.Translate;
using NUnit.Framework;
namespace GoogleTranslation
    public class GoogleTransationFixture
        public void TranslateTest()
            var client = new TranslateClient("test");
            var result  = client.Translate("casa", Language.Spanish, Language.Dutch);
            Assert.AreEqual("huis", result);